Thursday, November 6, 2014

Week 4 Diigo

Diigo 

Link:  https://www.diigo.com/




Diigo stands for "Digest of Internet Informations, Groups, and other Stuff.  I like the "other stuff" part!  This tool is cloud based so that users can sync their information from multiple devices.  It allows users to bookmark, highlight, and put virtual sticky marks on things they are reading or have written.  Other people can also leave notes on a page and these notes and bookmarks can be shared.  Information can be organized by tagging it and users can choose to make their notes public or private.

 This tool is new to me.  However, I can see that this might be a good tool for teachers or students who want to do a lot of research.  If, for example, I was looking for information on Spanish 3 classes, Diigo would allow me to bookmark articles and make notes as I read and finally, to organize that information into one piece.  I could share this with my colleagues and they could add notes as well. This tool could also be helpful if someone wants to search a certain word or topic.  Simply highlighting the important word will give the user a drop-down menu and you can decide how to proceed.

Need more information on how to use Diigo?  Check-out this video of how a teacher uses Diigo for her classroom:


No comments:

Post a Comment