Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 3 Edmodo

Edmodo
Link:  https://www.edmodo.com

This week in EDU 5312 we learned more about how Edmodo can help educators connect with their colleagues.  I always knew that Edmodo was a useful tool for connecting with my students.  It's a great way to present project, take polls, distribute notes and other resources.  All of this can be done without the use of paper.  Using Edmodo can make the classroom really feel like a community of learners where everyone is contributing and connecting.  All of this is great, but I hadn't thought much about using Edmodo to share and collaborate with my colleagues!  There are so many resources available through Edmodo and while it takes more time, I like it that teachers can choose to share and collaborate with you or choose not to.  Edmodo can be as big or as small as you want it to be.

In my quest to find good communities to join, I came across a few that were interesting, but in my opinion, too large!  While it was interesting to connect with teachers from Croatia, Russia, Paraguay, etc,  I don't have time to wade through all of the questions and information in this community.  This was a lesson and I realized that I will have much more success if I narrow the search a bit.  If I'm interested in Spanish, that is what I search for rather than the broad topic of "World Languages."  I'm more likely to find what I'm looking for in this way.

Interested in making an Edmodo account?  Here is how:


No comments:

Post a Comment